03 August 2010

Teaser Tuesday (4)

I'm reading a few books at the moment (I always read a bunch of books until one captures my interest and I devote my time finishing it).  But for the sake of time and patience, I will only tease you about two of the books I'm reading.

Artemis Fowl: The Atlantis Complex (Artemis Fowl #7) -- Eoin Colfer
Captain Short went down faster than she would have liked, which was totally due to equipment malfunction.  If the reel at her belt had not been damaged during the recent amorphobot attack, then it would have automatically slowed her descent, and Holly could have avoided the impact that was surely to come.  As it was, she was more or less falling at full g with nothing to lessen her impact other than a slight tension from the piton line.  (hardcover, page 142) [link to Goodreads here]

Claire de Lune -- Christine Johnson
Lisbeth was usually so Zen about things, meditating on problems and coming up with what she liked to call "gentle solutions."  Claire opened her mouth, ready to apologize again, and stopped short.  The smell that filled her nostrils was unmistakable.  Underneath Lisbeth's anger, she smelled of fear. (hardcover, page 230) [link to Goodreads here]