20 July 2010

Teaser Tuesday (3)

"Teaser Tuesday" is hosted by MizB @ Should Be Reading.  To participate, just do the following:

  • Grab the book you're currently reading.
  • Open to a random page.
  • Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
  • Don't go posting spoilers!  Don't ruin the book for the rest of us mortals!
  • Make sure to include the title and author so we can track it down and add it to our TBR pile.


So I don't have a lot of books to tease you with today because someone who shall remain nameless forgot to pick up my library books yesterday and the library is closed today.  I know, it's Tuesday.  The library shouldn't be closed, there aren't any national holidays.  Well, the library system here in Charlotte is going belly-up.  Lack of funding is forcing many, many branches to close.  So instead of my library being open 7 days a week, it's now open 4 days a week with limited--LIMITED--hours.  So.  My books will just have to chill and rest at the library for another day.

The book I DO have...I'm almost done with it.  But it's pretty good, so I'll tease you with it. XD

Leave a link to YOUR Teaser Tuesday and I'll gladly take a look! ^_^


**EDIT** I have 17 followers!  *happy dance*  Totally psyched over here!  

Sabriel -- Garth Nix
p. 166


Sabriel ignored him.  All necromancers had to be musical, had to be able to whistle, to hum, to sing.  If they were caught in Death without bells, or other magical instruments, their vocal skills were a weapon of last recourse.