13 July 2010

Teaser Tuesday (2)



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Here's what you do...

  • Grab your current read
  • flip to a random page
  • select a few sentences from anywhere on the page
  • try not to include any SPOILERS!
  • make sure you tell the name of book and the author so we can add the book to our TBR pile!

Glimmerglass -- Jenna Black
p. 171


"His eyes were like blue spears impaling me, and I gathered he wasn't used to being talked back to.  He was going to have to get used to it if I stuck around.  Still, that stare was intimidating enough that I felt myself sinking down into my chair."


Other -- Karen Kincy
p. 184

"Gwen?" His voice sounds distant.  "Are you going to faint?"
"Not if I can help it."
But then I do.


Only the Good Spy Young -- Ally Carter
p. 87


I thought of all the things I might say if someone saw me: I was there to meet my boyfriend.  My classmates had sent me on a dare.  I'd seen a stray animal come this way and it had appeared to be hurt.
          So I wasn't afraid when the man stopped and opened the door of a long building that sat hidden in the midst of the park.  I waited ten seconds, then followed, praying the door's hinges wouldn't squeak as I pulled it slowly open and stepped inside.