14 July 2010

Only the Good Spy Young by Ally Carter

When Cammie Morgan enrolled at the Gallagher Academy, she knew she was preparing for the dangerous life of a spy. What she didn’t know was that the serious, real-life danger would start during her junior year of high school. But that’s exactly what happened two months ago when she faced off against an ancient terrorist organization dead set on kidnapping her.


Now the danger follows her everywhere and even Cammie “The Chameleon” can’t hide. When a terrifying encounter in London reveals that one of her most-trusted allies is actually a rogue double-agent Cammie no longer knows if she can trust her classmates, her teachers—or even her own heart. 

In this fourth installment of the New York Times best-selling series, the Gallagher Girls must hack, spy, steal, and lie their way to the truth as they go searching for answers, recognizing that the key to Cammie’s future may lie deep in the past....

Re-introducing Cammie Morgan--the one, the only, Chameleon--and she's got another life-threatening, hair-ruining, make-up smudging adventure.  You figure that having been shot at, tailed, tied, searched, bruised, beaten and generally harassed, she might actually get a break.  But out on the ice, she sees Lover Boy Zach--resident hot boy and spy, to boot.


The Gallagher Girls books have always hit a chord in me.  They're funny and sophisticated and suitable for all ages.  Sure, they're short and I finished this book in six hours--literally--but there's something about the mystery and suspense and all the butt-kicking that just makes the whole series lovable.


The big question on MY mind, though, is whether or not there's going to be another book.  Ally Carter set up a dual ending: she could have ended the series right there, OR she primed it perfectly for another book.  I'M hoping for the latter.  I mean, there are still a whole lot of loose ends to tie up.  Her dad, Zach, the Circle, etc.!?  Can't we have some closure!?!?!


Ally Carter is one of my favorite authors but it took me FOREVER to buy all of her books--meaning, I just ordered the first three books yesterday from eBay.  All Hardcover, of course, since I bought "Only the Good Spy Young," in hardcover.  Me, myself, and I as well as my compulsive alter ego, had to have the entire series all in the same editions.  I'm STILL pissed off when I see that Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone is the only book in the entire series that is not in hardcover.  Sticks out like a freaking sore thumb on my self-titled Harry Potter shelf.


Anyways.  Not that that isn't incredibly important, but you're here for THIS book, not Harry Potter. [insert rapidly deleted, possibly borderline obscene joke here]


If you haven't picked up an Ally Carter book--FOR SHAME--you should do so at your local bookstore/library ASAP. You are missing out on one huge cup of awesomeness.  

Book Info:
  • Pages - 240
  • Published - June 29th (which means haul butt over to the bookstore and BUY IT!)
  • Publisher - Hyperion • Disney
  • Genre - Realistic fiction/mystery/action & adventure -- just pick one, they're all right
  • Book 1 - I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have To Kill You
  • Book 2 - Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy
  • Book 3 - Don't Judge a Girl by her Cover
  • Book 4 - Only the Good Spy Young
    • Other books by Ally Carter:
      • Heist Society -- see my review here. << go on, click  it, click it, click it!! You know you want to!
      • Cheating at Solitaire
      • Learning to Play Gin
    Overall grade:  Duh, hello, A!
    Sequels: :(( I don't know!!  None reported, at least.