17 May 2010

Summer Reading List & Upcoming Books To Buy


So summer is approaching and for most of us, that means lazy days interspersed with hauling yourself off the couch and away from that really good book to go to work.  Well.  We can't have all those books without working at least a little bit.

So speaking of summer and books, I'd like to toss out the question, What's on your summer reading list?  Have you resolved yourself to finally read a hundred books before school starts again?  Finally hunkering down and absolutely forcing yourself through Shakespeare's works?



Whatever your fancy is, let us know what you've got planned.

Also, I've come to taking down a list of sequels that are coming out in the near future.  I'd like to share those now.  Shout out if you're looking for them, too.

  • Crescendo - Becca Fitzpatrick (sequel to "Hush,  Hush")
  • Torment - Lauren Kate (sequel to "Fallen")
  • Sapphique - Catherine Fisher (sequel to "Incarceron")
  • Linger - Maggie Stiefvater (sequel to "Shiver")
  • Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins (sequel to "Hunger Games" and "Catching Fire")
  • Artemis Fowl: The Atlantis Complex - Eoin Colfer (seventh novel in the Artemis Fowl series)
  • Bitterblue - Kristin Cashore (companion novel to "Graceling" and "Fire")
  • Outside In - Maria V. Snyder (sequel to "Inside Out")
  • Spy Glass - Maria V. Snyder (sequel to "Storm Glass" and "Sea Glass")
  • Beautiful Darkness - Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl (sequel to "Beautiful Creatures")
I'll be buying those books the minute they hit the shelves.  ^_^

I've also resolved myself to completing the first draft of my book done this summer.  That, added with working out, running, volunteering, reading, blogging and driver's ed, I'll be having a well-balanced schedule.  For once. Am I hinting at my lack of a life?  Why, yes I am.

Shout out your lists!  I'd love to take recommendations!

Yours truly, Amelia