14 February 2010

Well lookie here! Suzanne Collins gives us a holiday surprise!

I was scrolling through my Goodreads coming-soon shelf and found an unfamiliar picture and title.  New words had taken over what had before been "The Hunger Games #3".  They now said, "Mockingjay" with a fancy blue cover to accompany it.

That's right, ladies and gentlemen!  There is now a cover and title for Suzanne Collin's third book in the Hunger Games trilogy.

Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has survived the Hunger Games twice. But now that she’s made it out of the bloody arena alive, she’s still not safe. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge. Who do they think should pay for the unrest? Katniss. And what’s worse, President Snow has made it clear that no one else is safe either. Not Katniss’s family, not her friends, not the people of District 12. Powerful and haunting, this thrilling final installment of Suzanne Collins’s groundbreaking The Hunger Games trilogy promises to be one of the most talked about books of the year.

My opinion:  I must say that I love this cover the most.  It doesn't hold a depressing note like the first two did.  This one looks hopeful and the bird looks joyful, free.  I think it might be a sign to what to look for in the book. 

I love the title as well.  I loved the story behind the mockingjay's that was told in the first book.  And it's Katniss's symbol, as well as the symbol for freedom.  

I have such high hopes for this book.  I've marked my calendar.  I can't wait. ^_^

Book arrives August 24th, 2010.  Everyone mark your calendars!

Yours truly, Amelia