24 February 2010

Currently Reading list & Upcoming Books


I'm not sure how many people do this, but I like to read several books at once.  Whenever I reach a lull in a book--and all books have a lull of some kind--I like switching over to another one.  Talking to some of my friends who read, they say that they don't do that because they can't keep the information right.  I thought this was strange, because I never had a hard time with it...ever.

So I pose the question: Can, and do you, read multiple books at once?



Tying in with the above topic, the following is the list of books I have checked out at the library and are currently residing at various places around my room.  So without further ado:


I can't wait to do a review on those books.  Especially Laura Whitcomb's "The Fetch" since I've read "A Certain Slant of Light" and have reread it several times (the sign I beyond loved it) and I've also purchased a copy of Laura Whitcomb's "Novel Shortcuts" and her co-authored book "Your First Novel".

I have four books coming in at the library (hopefully soon).  They are:

  • Heist Society by Ally Carter (I can't wait!  I LOVED the Gallagher Girls novels!  Coming soon: "Only The Good Spy Young" this June!)
  • Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs (I LOVED the first book, "Moon Called")
  • Darklight by Lesley Livingston (Came out just this month.  I can't believe my library has it!  Make sure to check out the new "Darklight" book trailer at Lesley Livingston's website!)
  • Fallen by Lauren Kate (I'm 36th in line for this and I placed the request exactly a month ago.)

So what books are you currently reading or are hoping to read? 

Yours truly, Amelia